I really had fun visitng a few gift shops in Bristol and collecting samples of their shop bags, business cards, stickers and asking a few main questions about their logos and store names.
The questions I asked were:
1. How did you come up with your store name? and is there a particular reason for choosing it?
2. Why have you chosen the Font you have for your Store Name/Sign?
3. What is the official logo?
4. How did you come up with the logo? and why have you chosen this particular design and its colours?
5. Do you provide a gift wrap service and what is special about it?
The shops I visited were:
♥ One Hundred
♥ Iota Bristol www.iotabristol.com
♥ Vinegar Hill www.vinegarhill.co.uk
♥ Cath Kidson www.cathkidston.co.uk
♥ Evolution www.evolutiongifts.co.uk
♥ Artemis www.artemisbristol.co.uk
I definitely recommend a visit even just to their websites! :D
Thursday, 26 April 2012
So, my new, main and final brief for graphic design is to Design a Logo for a Retail Establishment.
One of my favourite type of shop apart from clothing stores of course, are GIFT SHOPS! I loveeee all the quirky and cute things they sell and so thought that this is a perfect opportunity for me to research and visit more gift shops in order to develop a logo for my chosen retail establishment - gift shop.
Now as part of my graphic design project, I have looked up different types of packaging online and printed some templates (NOT DESIGNED BY ME!) however I altered some. I had a go at making some bags and boxes in order to explore what type of packaging I could make.
|Heart Box - Lid Closed|
|Heart Box - Lid Open.|
Tuesday, 10 April 2012
I have been given a Brief to design the Logo and come up with a Name for a ...
What I need to do:
- The 1st step I'll take is looking up Perfume Bottles and their Logos.
- I will then go and photograph and collect business cards from perfume shops in Town.
- Create a Name.
- Design a Logo based on the name.